Re: alter table set TABLE ACCESS METHOD

От Zhihong Yu
Тема Re: alter table set TABLE ACCESS METHOD
Дата
Re: alter table set TABLE ACCESS METHOD  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 12:31 PM Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
On Wed, 2021-06-09 at 13:47 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> There is a mix of upper and lower-case characters here.  It could be
> more consistent.  It seems to me that this test should actually check
> that pg_class.relam reflects the new value.

Done. I also added a (negative) test for changing the AM of a
partitioned table, which wasn't caught before.

> +                errmsg("cannot have multiple SET ACCESS METHOD
> subcommands")));
> Worth adding a test?

Done.

> Nit: the name of the variable looks inconsistent with this comment.
> The original is weird as well.

Tried to improve wording.

> I am wondering if it would be a good idea to set the new tablespace
> and new access method fields to InvalidOid within
> ATGetQueueEntry.  We
> do that for the persistence.  Not critical at all, still..

Done.

> +           pass = AT_PASS_MISC;
> Maybe add a comment here?

Done. In that case, it doesn't matter because there's no work to be
done in Phase 2.

Regards,
        Jeff Davis

Hi,

+           /* check if another access method change was already requested */
+           if (tab->newAccessMethod)
+               ereport(ERROR,
+                       (errcode(ERRCODE_FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTED),
+                        errmsg("cannot change access method setting twice")));

I think the error message can be refined - changing  access method twice is supported, as long as the two changes don't overlap.

Cheers