Re: pg_upgrade and frozen xids

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: pg_upgrade and frozen xids
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 3:41 PM, Natalie Wenz <nataliewenz@ebureau.com> wrote:
> They are not, unfortunately (fortunately?). Just a standard table.
>
> If it helps, the autovacuum always seems to be in the phase "cleaning up
> indexes" when I look at pg_stat_progress_vacuum.

It sounds like it might be a good idea for you to run amcheck on
affected indexes:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/amcheck.html

If that doesn't show any issue, you might then use the Github
version's extra "heapallindexed" test on the same indexes:

https://github.com/petergeoghegan/amcheck

The extra "heapallindexed" test might allow you to uncover that some
parts of an index are unreachable. Though using
bt_index_parent_check() instead of bt_index_check() may be just as
effective, and should be considered if you can afford to have a lock
that will block writes to the table during verification.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade and frozen xids
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade and frozen xids