Re: BUG #17245: Index corruption involving deduplicated entries

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: BUG #17245: Index corruption involving deduplicated entries
Дата
Re: BUG #17245: Index corruption involving deduplicated entries  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Oct 31, 2021 at 5:19 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> The only way it could be okay for an LP_REDIRECT item to point to an
> LP_DEAD item would be if you knew for sure that the LP_REDIRECT item
> would actually become LP_DEAD at the same time as the LP_DEAD item (so
> both get removed from indexes) -- which is a contradiction in terms.
> Why wouldn't pruning just mark the LP_REDIRECT item LP_DEAD instead,
> while making the would-be LP_DEAD item skip straight to being an
> LP_UNUSED item? That approach is strictly better.

Attached patch adds assertions and comments to
heap_page_prune_execute() that document my understanding of things.
This passes "make check-world" for me.

How do you feel about doing something like this too?

--
Peter Geoghegan

Вложения