Re: Wrong Results from SP-GiST with Collations

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Wrong Results from SP-GiST with Collations
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 9:21 AM, Emre Hasegeli <emre@hasegeli.com> wrote:
> I assume we don't have any option than removing support for comparison
> operators with collations just like btree.

I can't imagine how this could ever work, since a non C-collation
string cannot be atomized into tokens like that. Considering each
token successively during a comparison does not always produce the
same answer as a straight comparison against the original string
would.

I believe that there are cases that won't work with *any* glibc or ICU
collation, not just "cs_CZ".

--
Peter Geoghegan