Re: checkpoints taking much longer than expected

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: checkpoints taking much longer than expected
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Jun 15, 2019 at 1:50 AM Tiemen Ruiten <t.ruiten@tech-lab.io> wrote:
> During normal operation I don't mind that it takes a long time, but when performing maintenance I want to be able to
gracefullybring down the master without long delays to promote one of the standby's.

Maybe an "immediate" mode shutdown is appropriate, then. That will
mean that the primary will need to go through crash recovery if and
when you bring it back up, though.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: how to concat/concat_ws all fields without braces
От: Michael Loftis
Сообщение: Re: checkpoints taking much longer than expected