Re: Weird planner issue on a standby

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Weird planner issue on a standby
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 11, 2022 at 9:27 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> I remember having an hypothesis, upon getting a report of this exact
> problem on a customer system once, that it could be due to killtuple not
> propagating to standbys except by FPIs.  I do not remember if we proved
> that true or not.  I do not remember observing that tables were being
> read, however.

That's true, but it doesn't matter whether or not there are LP_DEAD
bits set on the standby, since in any case they cannot be trusted when
in Hot Standby mode. IndexScanDescData.ignore_killed_tuples will be
set to false on the standby.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: Weird planner issue on a standby
Сообщение: Re: Weird planner issue on a standby