Re: PostgreSQL 'Corruption & Fragmentation' detection and resolution/fix

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 'Corruption & Fragmentation' detection and resolution/fix
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 9:46 AM, Rui DeSousa <rui.desousa@icloud.com> wrote:
> That’s not what I recall; it was clearly used against it in sales pitches.  Do you really want to trust a database
thatrequires you to DBCC checkdb periodically and fix corruption data pages or do you want to trust Oracle with data?

Oracle has comparable corruption detection tooling, which is also
quite extensive. It can perform verification online and offline, when
performing backups, and many other such things.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Rui DeSousa
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 'Corruption & Fragmentation' detection andresolution/fix
От: Rui DeSousa
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 'Corruption & Fragmentation' detection andresolution/fix