Re: Tips on committing

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Tips on committing
Дата
Re: Tips on committing  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Re: Tips on committing  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 9:52 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> FWIW, I developed a document on committing for my own reference, with
>> some help from Andres.
>
> Sounds very useful.
>
> How about turning it into a wiki page, for everybody's benefit?

I'll try to do that, but I'd still recommend personalizing it. A lot
of the stuff in there is specific to my own workflow and tool
preferences, and my own personal working style. I don't really use a
template in the same way Bruce does, for example, because most of that
stuff is taken care of by my text editor having a "gitcommit" syntax.

I find it useful to have a routine checklist for things like
committing, because it frees up a little space in my head for other
things. I do the same thing when preparing for a trip.

--
Peter Geoghegan