Re: Tips on committing

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Tips on committing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 10:52:42AM -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 9:52 AM, Alvaro Herrera
> I'll try to do that, but I'd still recommend personalizing it. A lot
> of the stuff in there is specific to my own workflow and tool
> preferences, and my own personal working style. I don't really use a
> template in the same way Bruce does, for example, because most of that
> stuff is taken care of by my text editor having a "gitcommit" syntax.
>
> I find it useful to have a routine checklist for things like
> committing, because it frees up a little space in my head for other
> things. I do the same thing when preparing for a trip.

Yes, that's a good idea.  In order to run the tests, I have a dedicated
alias:
alias pgcheck='cd $HOME/postgres && make check-world -j 4 PROVE_FLAGS='\''-j 4'\''
This does not work with 9.5 and older versions though as parallel build
is broken in those cases, and also checking that parallel build is not
broken is a good routine to have in my opinion.

I would also recommend that people use PG_TEST_EXTRA='ssl ldap kerberos'
in their environment so as no tests are skipped.  We have seen the SSL
test suite broken silently a couple of times since its introduction...
--
Michael

Вложения