Re: [HACKERS] [WIP] Zipfian distribution in pgbench

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [WIP] Zipfian distribution in pgbench
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 4:38 AM, Alik Khilazhev
<a.khilazhev@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> I am attaching results of test for 32 and 128 clients for original and
> patched(_bt_doinsert) variants.

Thanks.

The number of leaf pages at the left hand side of the leaf level seems
to be ~50 less than the unpatched 128 client case was the first time
around, which seems like a significant difference. I wonder why. Maybe
autovacuum ran at the right/wrong time this time around?

Did you happen to record TPS for this most recent set of tests?

I notice one possibly interesting thing from these new numbers: the 32
client case is slightly more bloated when unique index enforcement is
removed.

--
Peter Geoghegan