Re: Vacuum ERRORs out considering freezing dead tuples from before OldestXmin

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Vacuum ERRORs out considering freezing dead tuples from before OldestXmin
Дата
Re: Vacuum ERRORs out considering freezing dead tuples from before OldestXmin
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jul 21, 2024 at 12:51 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I do not think the answer to this is to nag the respective animal
> owners to raise PG_TEST_TIMEOUT_DEFAULT.  IMV this test is simply
> not worth the cycles it takes, at least not for these machines.

Can't we just move it to PG_TEST_EXTRA? Alongside the existing
"xid_wraparound" test?

We didn't even have basic coverage of multi-pass VACUUMs before now.
This new test added that coverage. I think that it will pull its
weight.

There will always be a small number of extremely slow buildfarm
animals. Optimizing for things like Raspberry pi animals with SD cards
just doesn't seem like a good use of developer time. I really care
about keeping the tests fast, but only on platforms that hackers
actually use for their development work.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: CI, macports, darwin version problems
Сообщение: Re: CI, macports, darwin version problems