Re: [HACKERS] "inconsistent page found" with checksum andwal_consistency_checking enabled

От Kuntal Ghosh
Тема Re: [HACKERS] "inconsistent page found" with checksum andwal_consistency_checking enabled
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 10:22 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 5:23 AM, Ashwin Agrawal <aagrawal@pivotal.io> wrote:
>> Currently, page checksum is not masked by Page masking routines used by
>> wal_consistency_checking facility. So, when running `make installcheck` with
>> data checksum enabled and wal_consistency_checking='all', it easily and
>> consistently FATALs with "inconsistent page found".
>
> Indeed. This had better be fixed before PG10 is out. I am adding an open item.

Oops and surprised! How come we missed that previously. If page lsns
are different, checksums will be different as well. Anyhow, nice catch
and thanks for the patch.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Kuntal Ghosh