Re: [HACKERS] "inconsistent page found" with checksum andwal_consistency_checking enabled

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] "inconsistent page found" with checksum andwal_consistency_checking enabled
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 2:26 PM, Kuntal Ghosh
<kuntalghosh.2007@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 10:22 AM, Michael Paquier
> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 5:23 AM, Ashwin Agrawal <aagrawal@pivotal.io> wrote:
>>> Currently, page checksum is not masked by Page masking routines used by
>>> wal_consistency_checking facility. So, when running `make installcheck` with
>>> data checksum enabled and wal_consistency_checking='all', it easily and
>>> consistently FATALs with "inconsistent page found".
>>
>> Indeed. This had better be fixed before PG10 is out. I am adding an open item.
>>
> Oops and surprised! How come we missed that previously. If page lsns
> are different, checksums will be different as well. Anyhow, nice catch
> and thanks for the patch.

That happens. We have really covered maaany points during many rounds
of reviews, still I am not surprised to see one or two things that
fell into the cracks.
--
Michael