Re: WAL consistency check facility

От Kuntal Ghosh
Тема Re: WAL consistency check facility
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 8:24 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 10:30 AM, Kuntal Ghosh
> <kuntalghosh.2007@gmail.com> wrote:
>> - Another suggestion was to remove wal_consistency from PostgresNode.pm
>> because small buildfarm machines may suffer on it. Although I've no
>> experience in this matter, I would like to be certain that nothings breaks
>> in recovery tests after some modifications.
>
> I think running the whole test suite with this enabled is going to
> provoke complaints from buildfarm owners.  That's too bad, because I
> agree with you that it would be nice to have the test coverage, but it
> seems that many of the buildfarm machines are VMs with very minimal
> resource allocations -- or very old physical machines -- or running
> with settings like CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS that make runs very slow.  If
> you blow on them too hard, they fall over.

Thanks Robert. I got your point. Then, as Michael has suggested, it is nice to
have some environment variable to pass optional conf parameters during
tap-tests.
Implementing this feature actually solves the problem.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Kuntal Ghosh

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: split up psql \d Modifiers column
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: IPv6 link-local addresses and init data type