Re: WAL consistency check facility

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: WAL consistency check facility
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 10:30 AM, Kuntal Ghosh
<kuntalghosh.2007@gmail.com> wrote:
> - Another suggestion was to remove wal_consistency from PostgresNode.pm
> because small buildfarm machines may suffer on it. Although I've no
> experience in this matter, I would like to be certain that nothings breaks
> in recovery tests after some modifications.

I think running the whole test suite with this enabled is going to
provoke complaints from buildfarm owners.  That's too bad, because I
agree with you that it would be nice to have the test coverage, but it
seems that many of the buildfarm machines are VMs with very minimal
resource allocations -- or very old physical machines -- or running
with settings like CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS that make runs very slow.  If
you blow on them too hard, they fall over.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company