Re: [GENERAL] Performance PLV8 vs PLPGSQL

От Tim Uckun
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Performance PLV8 vs PLPGSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Mostly generating SQL statements to execute. Like for example deciding which partition to insert into.

On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 10:00 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

I am not doubting the efficacy of stored procs, just wondering which language is better. From the sound of it string manupilation is slow in PL-PGSQL but looking at my procs there does seem to be a lot of string manipulation going on so maybe I better do some tests.

It is interesting, what string operations you are doing in stored procedures?

Regards

Pavel