Re: password in recovery.conf [SOLVED]

От Nelson Green
Тема Re: password in recovery.conf [SOLVED]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 6:40 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
On 9/26/2014 4:32 PM, Nelson Green wrote:

Thanks Bosco, DrakoRod, and Adrian. Between the three of you it became obvious
that I was doing something wrong. And yes, in the end you were right. Doubling
the quote does indeed work.

It turns out it this particular password also had a \ in it, and my console
width wrapped right before it, putting it as the first character on the next
line, where I just didn't notice it until a few minutes ago. I changed that to
a ^ for the time being, and then doubled the quote whereupon it all worked. I
will certainly look into how to escape the backslash too, but that's for next
week at this point.

I'd consider using `mkpasswd -l 15 -s 0`  just to avoid any such problems.   15 random alphanumerics is already plenty complex, 62^15th possible combinations, without needing to mix in special characters.

$ mkpasswd -l 15 -s 0
eec1kj7ZsthlYmh

Thanks John. We use apg which has similar options. But alas, I must comply with
organizational password policies.

Regards,
Nelson