Re: password in recovery.conf [SOLVED]

От Nelson Green
Тема Re: password in recovery.conf [SOLVED]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 6:46 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 09/26/2014 04:32 PM, Nelson Green wrote:
On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Adrian Klaver

    Doubling the quote seems to work here.

Thanks Bosco, DrakoRod, and Adrian. Between the three of you it became
obvious
that I was doing something wrong. And yes, in the end you were right.
Doubling
the quote does indeed work.

It turns out it this particular password also had a \ in it, and my console
width wrapped right before it, putting it as the first character on the next
line, where I just didn't notice it until a few minutes ago. I changed
that to
a ^ for the time being, and then doubled the quote whereupon it all
worked. I
will certainly look into how to escape the backslash too, but that's for
next
week at this point.

aklaver@panda:~> psql 'dbname=test user=test_user password=test\\pwd'
psql (9.0.17)
Type "help" for help.

test=>

Thanks again Adrian! Figures it's that easy.

Confession time. When I'm trying to work through something like this where
different iterations are going to be tried, I sit down and spell them out first.
But since I was remoted in and things were going so slow (and I was pretty
tired), I just tried different combinations on the single quote. When I noticed
the backslash I tried to double it, but with no luck. However, in all honesty I
don't know what I was doing with the single quote at that particular moment.
Bottom line is I probably shot myself in the foot in several ways with this one.

I appreciate the patience with me.
Nelson