pgadmin4 on Ubuntu

От Adriano Peluso
Тема pgadmin4 on Ubuntu
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

I installed pgadmin4 on Ubuntu 22.04 through apt, following the instructions found here

I have a postgresql service running locally, installed with apt too

I'd like to connect pgadmin4 to the locally running postgres, possibly through a Unix socket

I have this
$ sudo ls -lha /var/run/postgresql/
totale 0
drwxrwsr-x  3 postgres postgres   60 set 21 07:08 .
drwxr-xr-x 42 root     root     1,2K set 21 07:08 ..
drwxr-s---  2 postgres postgres   40 set 21 07:08 14-main.pg_stat_tmp

I tried to create a connection in pgadmin4 but an error message reported:

connection to server on socket
/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432

No such file or directory

Is the server running locally and accepting connections on that socket ?

Well, I don't know

I understand ths is more related to Ubuntu than it is to pgadmin4

Still I think it's appropriate to post here

Thanks for any hint