Re: recovery_target_time and WAL fetch with streaming replication

От Alexandre Arruda
Тема Re: recovery_target_time and WAL fetch with streaming replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sorry to revive this post, but I have the same problem:

I set a streaming replication slave with this steps:
1) create a physical replication slot in master
2) pg_basebackup -S slot (...)
3) create a recovery.conf with primary_conninfo, primary_slot_name and
recovery_min_apply_delay = '4d'
4) start replica and wal_receiver is started and write the wal files
5) after 4 days, I have a delayed replica and ALL wal files to apply a
recovery from 4 days until now

The problem is: if I restart the master or the replica, the
wal_receiver will not start and the replica will not receive
the new WAL files because all files in the pg_wal match the
recovery_min_apply_delay criteria.
Master will retain the WAL files (because the inactive slot and last
LSN), growing the space to save this wals.

But the real problem is if the master die: I have a replica with only
WAL files until restart.

To solve, I need to receive the WAL by pg_receivewal and use a
traditional cp in recovery.conf to apply them.
But this is an extra work to monitor and cleanup this WALs.

There is a way to start walreceiver independent from
recovery_min_apply_delay set ?

Best regards,

Alexandre