Re: minio server. Was: Performance of ByteA: ascii vs binary

От Thomas Güttler
Тема Re: minio server. Was: Performance of ByteA: ascii vs binary
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Am 18.03.19 um 17:52 schrieb Adrian Klaver:
> On 3/18/19 7:59 AM, Thomas Güttler wrote:

>>> This doesn't seem terribly surprising in bytea_output = escape
>>> mode.  Probably with bytea_output = hex the performance would
>>> be less data-dependent.
>>
>> Thank you for your fast reply.
>>
>> I guess we will use a minio server to store the blobs.
>
> According to this:
>
> http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/usage.html?highlight=bytea#adapt-binary
>
> psycopg2 will use 'hex' by default.
>
> Have you tried the test outside Python/psycopg2 e.g in psql to see if the performance hit still exists?

No, I did not test it outside Python/psycopg2.

Since our code will use Python/psycopg2 I did not run a test outside.

The decision was made. Now I am busy learning minio. I use it for the first time.

Regards,
   Thomas Güttler

--
Thomas Guettler http://www.thomas-guettler.de/