Re: simple reporting tools for postgres in aws

От Alexandre Arruda
Тема Re: simple reporting tools for postgres in aws
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Em seg., 7 de dez. de 2020 às 12:53, Chris Stephens <cstephens16@gmail.com> escreveu:
Hello,

We have a need to display some very simple reports generated from views in an rds postgres database. We need little more functionality beyond simple filtering, column hiding, sorting, grouping. Anything much beyond that would be a strike against the tool.

i'm looking for something similar to oracle application express's interactive reports (i come from an oracle background).

i took a look at what's available from amazon's aws marketplace but quickly got overwhelmed. every application i saw was overkill.

users will not be tech savvy. we have a tentative fallback plan to use excel with pages linked to views in the database but i'm looking for something a little more targeted.

does anyone have any suggestions that fit the description above?

thanks for any input,
chris

Hi,

If you need dashboards, with a lot of widgets (chat, tabular, etc), take a look at this awesome tool called Redash:

Or if you need reports like Crystal Reports, you can use PRD - Pentaho Reports Designer:

And publish them in a Pentaho B.I. Server.

Best regards,

Alexandre