Re: Replication broken. Stale data in slave Database

От Alberto Olivares
Тема Re: Replication broken. Stale data in slave Database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Yes, We turn off both databases when there is a problem with the master. But, we need something that automatically clears out the slave database when data is stale because there was a problem in the master database.

Alberto Olivares Colas
Technical Consultant
Snowflake Software

Winner of IHS Jane's ATC Award - Enabling Technology

Registered in England & Wales. Registered Number: 4294244

On 24 June 2015 at 19:41, Gilberto Castillo <gilberto.castillo@etecsa.cu> wrote:

> Not sure if I can do that when the master database is shut down

Yes, In fact both server must be turned off for safety.

> On 24 Jun 2015 6:36 pm, "Gilberto Castillo" <gilberto.castillo@etecsa.cu>
> wrote:
>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Yes we have failover. If after a few minutes the master database goes
>> up
>> > the replication works again which is fine.
>> >
>> > But I need something that deletes all records in the slave database
>> > meanwhile master database is down. The reason is because we are
>> sending
>> > not
>> > updated data when this happens and we prefer deleted what it is in the
>> > slave database.
>>
>> Uhmmmm, use rsync of the folder wal in the master and slave.

Saludos,
Gilberto Castillo
ETECSA, La Habana, Cuba

Winner of IHS Jane's ATC Award - Enabling Technology