Re: Default maximum time replication between master and slave databases

От Alberto Olivares
Тема Re: Default maximum time replication between master and slave databases
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I don't have any write activity on the master, but still this value goes to 60 seconds and then restart constantly from 0 again .

Regards,
Alberto.

Alberto Olivares Colas
Technical Consultant
Snowflake Software

Winner of IHS Jane's ATC Award - Enabling Technology

Registered in England & Wales. Registered Number: 4294244

On 10 July 2015 at 14:56, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:

Hi

Le 10 juil. 2015 2:58 PM, "Alberto Olivares" <alberto.olivares@snowflakesoftware.com> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I am running this query in the slave database:
>
> SELECT EXTRACT (epoch from now() - pg_last_xact_replay_timestamp());
>
> The maximum result is 60 seconds then the value goes to 0 and start again. I would like to modify this value to maximum 30 seconds.
>
> I have tried to change different parameters on the  postgresql.conf in both databases but I have not find the solution.
>
> Anyone knows how to change this default value?

pg_last_xact_replay_timestamp() gives you the timestamp of the last replayed transaction. That doesn't have anything to do with configuration. It mostly depends on the activity on the master. If you don't have any write activity on the master, you'll have bigger values. And that's normal.

--
Guillaume

Winner of IHS Jane's ATC Award - Enabling Technology