Re: Question regarding failover behavior

От Koen De Groote
Тема Re: Question regarding failover behavior
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Updating to say I tested and ran into the issue where the timeline switched from 0C to 0D.

Trying to bring the old primary back up as standby fails. It recovers upto a point and then gets stuck asked for a next file that doesn't exist.

Regardless of taking the existing data directory or restoring a new basebackup.

Taking a new basebackup, with the new primary, and restoring that, works. Standby gets in sync and everything is as expected.

Kind regards,
Koen De Groote