Queries with more than 1692 characters hang

От Jason McKellar
Тема Queries with more than 1692 characters hang
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm having a very strange problem where any queries I make that have more than 1692 characters in them hang forever (cancel backend doesn't work either). It only happens on my computer which is OSX 10.9 and I've tried psql 9.2.1 and 9.3.3. The server is 9.2.2 and it only happens when querying this specific server.

The query I'm making is "select 'llllll';" where "l" is repeated to make the query 1692 characters long including the spaces and keywords before the semi-colon.

Any idea what happened?

Thanks,

Jason