Re: Queries with more than 1692 characters hang

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Queries with more than 1692 characters hang
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02/26/2014 12:09 PM, Jason McKellar wrote:
> I'm having a very strange problem where any queries I make that have
> more than 1692 characters in them hang forever (cancel backend doesn't
> work either). It only happens on my computer which is OSX 10.9 and I've
> tried psql 9.2.1 and 9.3.3. The server is 9.2.2 and it only happens when
> querying this specific server.

Not sure what is going on, but so we are on same page.

Where is the 9.2.2 server located, local or over network?

So assuming psql is the command line client:

You can run the exact same query against another Postgres server that is
not version 9.2.2 and not have a problem?

Is it only this specific 9.2.2 instance you have a problem with?

What other versions of Postgres have you had success with?

Are you using the Mac version of readline(libedit) or libreadline?