Re: Work table

От Robert James
Тема Re: Work table
Дата
Re: Work table  (Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>)
Список pgsql-general
It could be > 1 Million rows.

SELECT is:

SELECT *
    FROM another_table
    WHERE
        eventtime > (SELECT e FROM tags WHERE id = $1) AND
        eventtime < (SELECT e FROM tags WHERE id = $2)
;

$1 and $2 are integers.

SELECT ran just now, returning >1Million rows, in 1.6 seconds.

Inserting into work table causes weird behavior - it takes over a
minute, PG CPU climbs to 100%, but then other subsequent queries
sometimes seem to slow down too.  After a lot of these, sometimes PG
acts irresponsive until I restart it.

The function is just a wrapper to set $1 and $2.  I get the same
behavior when I try just its SQL, no function.