Re: Work table

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Work table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/27/2013 02:48 PM, Robert James wrote:
> On 10/27/13, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Is there another problem here? Perhaps something to do with
>>> triggerring autovacuum?
>>
>> Is there a FK relationship involved?
>>
>> Could we see the schema for another_table?
>

> 1. No FK
> 2. I removed the indexes from the table
> TRUNCATE takes only 40 ms, but the INSERT still takes 10s!

So how many records are we talking about?

Also complete this sentence :)

INSERT INTO
another_table SELECT ...

In other words what is the SELECT statement for the INSERT?

Also, you mentioned the above was in a function. What is the function
body and how is it being called?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com