Re: Postgres 12 -> 13 any need to re-index?

От Fernando Hevia
Тема Re: Postgres 12 -> 13 any need to re-index?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

El mar, 9 de feb. de 2021 a la(s) 15:50, Wells Oliver (wells.oliver@gmail.com) escribió:
OK, that seems to have made a huge difference. and ran very quickly, ~15 mins on a ~1TB database. Is there a way to better understand what it did? There's no way it rebuilt indexes in that amount of time. Also, as I said, I never did that going from 9->10->11->12, so it's interesting to me that it was so critical this time around.

It didn't rebuild indexes. It scanned rows to update statistics thereby improving the planner's strategy to execute queries.