Re: WAL archive (archive_mode = always) ?

От Adelino Silva
Тема Re: WAL archive (archive_mode = always) ?
Дата
Re: WAL archive (archive_mode = always) ?
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Takayuki,

Sorry can you explain how we can same network bandwidth by not sending the WAL archive from the primary to the standby(s).
I possible scenario is have to multiple standby servers in same host for same master. or other scenarios exists ?

Many thanks in advance,
Adelino.

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 1:47 AM Tsunakawa, Takayuki <tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
From: Adelino Silva [mailto:adelino.j.silva@googlemail.com]
> What is the advantage to use archive_mode = always in a slave server compared
> to archive_mode = on (shared WAL archive) ?
>
> I only see duplication of Wal files, what is the purpose of this feature ?

This also saves you the network bandwidth by not sending the WAL archive from the primary to the standby(s).  The network bandwidth can be costly between remote regions for disaster recovery.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa

Сообщение: Re: Function to promote standby servers
Сообщение: Re: Function to promote standby servers