Re: Failed Login Attempts parameter

От Lukasz Brodziak
Тема Re: Failed Login Attempts parameter
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
2012/11/15 Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>
> Another option would be to monitor syslog or the csvlog and lock the
> user out by changing their password or revoking CONNECT rights if they
> trip the threshold. It wouldn't be as responsive to high-rate brute
> forcing attempts but your IDS should be handing those already.
>
> --
>  Craig Ringer                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
>  PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services

I wouldn't go with password change approach, at least not
automatically this can be done 'on user's demand' at any point. I
admit that I wasn't specific in my solution with REVOKE as I didn't
say which rights should be revoked I of course mean revoke connect
command as Craig was kind to mention.

Regards
--
Łukasz Brodziak