Re: information_schema.tables view does not exist

От Lukasz Brodziak
Тема Re: information_schema.tables view does not exist
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

We have a function which checks if certain tables exist in tables view it simply runs select over the view and if it returns no rows function creates table. In this case it ends up with the error in subject.
Fortunately I managed to repair the db. PgAdmin did not show the create script for the view but EMS SQL Manager did so I used it recreate the view.
Now I'm curious why postgres  gives the no such file error.

19-12-2011 16:07 użytkownik "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> napisał:
Lukasz Brodziak <lukasz.brodziak@gmail.com> writes:
> I got a database from client to be migrated from 8.2.4 to 9.0 and I got an
> error ERROR:  could not open relation 1663/206914/10780: No such file or
> directory.
> When I checked pg_class for the oid it occured to be
> information_schema.tables view. Is there anyway of restoring the view?

Um ... that's a view, so it's entirely expected that there would not be
any underlying file for it.

What exactly did you do to get that error message?