Re: pg_attribute file in PostgreSQL 9.0

От Lukasz Brodziak
Тема Re: pg_attribute file in PostgreSQL 9.0
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks a lot I have found file I needed let's hope I will be able to
fix the problem now as I cannot connect to the database because I get
'catalog is missing 1 attribute for relation 2662' which I hope to be
able to repair by getting the pg_attribute file from another db.

2012/3/7 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com> writes:
>> On 03/07/2012 05:14 AM, Lukasz Brodziak wrote:
>>> I have a question regarding pg_attribute. In which file it is stored
>>> because the relfilenode for it shows 0 and file 1249 isn't present in
>>> the folder.
>
>> select pg_relation_filepath('pg_attribute');
>
>>  From the docs, relfilenode is:
>> "Name of the on-disk file of this relation; zero means this is a
>> "mapped" relation whose disk file name is determined by low-level state"
>
>> However the meaning "mapped relation" and "low-level state" are
>> difficult to divine from the docs. Go with the function.
>
> Or use pg_relation_filenode() if you want the result of the mapping.

Łukasz Brodziak
"Do you bury me when I'm gone
Do you teach me while I'm here
Just as soon I belong