Re: Database is in recovery mode.

От Lukasz Brodziak
Тема Re: Database is in recovery mode.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I have isolated the corrupted row of data and isolated column which constains bad data. Unfortunately I can't do anything with the row. I have an older backup of the db which contains correct row. Is there a way I can restore only the given row or replace it in the file ( I also located the row on the page).
2011/11/29 Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>
On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Lukasz Brodziak
<lukasz.brodziak@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a problem with client's database. When I log into application and
> work on the data everything seems fine, but when I try to dumpd the database
> connection closes. I have located the faulty table and when I try to cluster
> it I get FATAL: database is in recovery mode. It seems that there are some
> corrupted rows in the table but I can't find the way to repai the table and
> therefore whole DB.
> PG is in the version 8.2 (in 2 weeks we are migrating to 9.0 and we are

After taking a file system level backup as suggested by Craig, first
try updating to the latest point release of 8.2.  There's literally
years differences / bug fixes between 8.2.0 and 8.2.22 which was the
last release.  It might be that simply updating to 8.2.22 will fix
your problems.

--
Łukasz Brodziak
"Do you bury me when I'm gone