Re: pgagent

От Gabi Draghici
Тема Re: pgagent
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

1. The job it's a simple call to one stored function like that :
BEGIN
 CALL other_user_name.get_function();
END;
Problem is that despite the fact that it's long passed by the scheduled running time and I tried the "Run now" option (from pgadmin) a couple of times, there is no evidence that the job actually runned ! Nothing in pgagent log, main log or in pgagent.pga_joblog or pgagent.pga_jobsteplog.
Is there any way to trace of debug this ?

2. Yes, pg_cron also looks good and it's my second option if I can't make 1 to work.

Regards,
Gabi

On Thu, Nov 5, 2020 at 11:34 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 11/5/20 1:07 PM, Gabi Draghici wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed postgresql 12 on sles 15 for some tests. Now I'm
> interested in some sort of scheduler and from what I've read so far,
> pgagent should do the job. So I've installed pgagent 4.0. I've added a
> job (which I can see in pgagent.pga_job) but everytime I ran it (from
> pgadmin) nothing happens ! When I start the pgagent I can see "...
> pgagent ... connection authorized" in the main log. What else should I
> check ?

pg_cron:

https://www.citusdata.com/blog/2020/10/31/evolving-pg-cron-together/

For pgagent what is the job doing and when? Could it be it hasn't run
because it has not reached it's scheduled time.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com