Re: Buffer Requests Trace

От Lucas Lersch
Тема Re: Buffer Requests Trace
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I got the following numbers from my tpcc database:

Data size: ~6059MB
Index size: ~1390MB
Total size: ~7400MB

Even considering index-only scans, the ratio of around 50% of the database pages being accessed seems unrealistic to me.

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 3:50 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
* Lucas Lersch (lucaslersch@gmail.com) wrote:
> So is it a possible normal behavior that running tpcc for 10min only access
> 50% of the database? Furthermore, is there a guideline of parameters for
> tpcc (# of warehouses, execution time, operations weight)?

Depends- you may be aware that we support index-only scans in certain
situations.  This means that only the index page for a given relation
(and the visibility map) are accessed, and the heap is not.

        Thanks,

                Stephen

--
Lucas Lersch

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #10823: Better REINDEX syntax.
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #10823: Better REINDEX syntax.