Re: [BUGS] BUG #10823: Better REINDEX syntax.

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #10823: Better REINDEX syntax.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Alvaro Herrera (alvherre@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> > We lost this patch for the October commitfest, didn't we?
>
> I'm guessing you missed that a new version just got submitted..?

Which one, reindex schema?  Isn't that a completely different patch?

> I'd be fine with today's being added to the october commitfest..
>
> Of course, there's a whole independent discussion to be had about how
> there wasn't any break between last commitfest and this one, but that
> probably deserves its own thread.

It's not the first that that happens, and honestly I don't see all that
much cause for concern.  Heikki did move pending patches to the current
one, and closed a lot of inactive ones as 'returned with feedback'.
Attentive patch authors should have submitted new versions ... if they
don't, then someone else with an interest in the patch should do so.
If no one update the patches, what do we want them for?