Should rename "startup process" to something else?

От Rushabh Lathia
Тема Should rename "startup process" to something else?
Дата
Re: Should rename "startup process" to something else?  (Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru>)
Re: Should rename "startup process" to something else?  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Robert and I wondered whether we would like to rename the startup

process.  The reason for doing this is that the current name doesn't

make any sense, as in the stand-by mode replay loop as the main

loop, the startup process stays around.

I think a better name for the process may be “recovery” or “WAL_replay”

or maybe someone has a better idea.  One can say that startup is a very

generic name, so in the future, it gives flexibility in terms of assigning

any sort of 'work’.  But in standby mode, the name “startup” doesn’t

make sense.

Open for suggestions and thoughts.

Regards,
Rushabh Lathia