Re: pg_locks - what is a virtualxid locktype

От Shreeyansh Dba
Тема Re: pg_locks - what is a virtualxid locktype
Дата
Re: pg_locks - what is a virtualxid locktype  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
The virtualxid lock is special. It’s a exclusive lock on the transaction’s own virtual transaction ID that every transaction always holds. No other transaction can ever acquire it while the transaction is running.
The purpose of this is to allow one transaction to wait until another transaction commits or rolls back using PostgreSQL’s locking mechanism, and it’s used internally.

Thanks & Regards,
Shreeyansh DBA Team
www.shreeyansh.com