Re: Facing issues with pgsql upgrade.

От Ajay Kajla
Тема Re: Facing issues with pgsql upgrade.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Adrian,

Command \l gives the list of db available DBs in the cluster including template0 and template1, I can connect to other DBs and run queries as well.

My motive is just to upgrade pgsql from 9.6 to 13 using the pg_upgrade command.

Regards,
Ajay

On Mon, Apr 18, 2022 at 9:48 AM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 4/17/22 19:11, Ajay Kajla wrote:
> Thanks Adrian,
>
> 1. What if we re-create template0 and template1?

First I would determine what else might be missing?

In psql what happens if you do:

\l

to get a list of databases?

And can you connect to the databases other then postgres?

> 2. how to restore them if we have a folder backup of the data directory?

When was the backup done and how?

Are you sure it is a complete backup?

Do you have tablespaces,other then the default, in use?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com