Re: [ODBC] Config documentation about PROTOCOL=

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: [ODBC] Config documentation about PROTOCOL=
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 9:50 PM, Inoue, Hiroshi <h-inoue@dream.email.ne.jp> wrote:
Hi Jan,

On 2017/07/05 2:10, Jan Wieck wrote:

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 9:55 AM, Jan Wieck <jan@wi3ck.info> wrote:
The documentation of the PROTOCOL=<value> option in config.html seems out of sync with the current driver behavior (since 09.05.0100).

Lacking any response so far, I propose the attached doc change for clarification of what this option does.

I would commit the patch.

Domo arigato, Hiroshi San

Thanks.
Hiroshi Inoue

Regards, Jan

As I interpret the code and according to my tests, the driver ignores anything in <value> before a dash and if there is a dash, then the following number, parsed via atoi(), is used as the rollback_on_error setting. Even when using SSL.

This discrepancy has recently caused confusion in a customer project, so I would like to fix the documentation.

Is the config.html file generated? If so where is the actual source?

Thanks, Jan

--
Jan Wieck
Senior Postgres Architect