Re: [ODBC] more bugs with returning 0 for malloc(0)

От TAKATSUKA Haruka
Тема Re: [ODBC] more bugs with returning 0 for malloc(0)
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hello, psqlODBC team.

I attached a patch for the matter reported previously.

However I found there are no chance to call malloc(0) in
QB_initialize_copy(), create_empty_bindings() and create_empty_bindings()
practically.

best regards,
Haruka Takatsuka / SRA OSS, Inc. http://www.sraoss.co.jp

On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 11:28:29 +0900
TAKATSUKA Haruka <harukat@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> Hello, psqlODBC team.
>
> I'm reporting a bug.
> This simular to the following bug.
>
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=psqlodbc.git;a=commit;h=ae12eef5ccb754d1cd9a4f12e8e88e56e0497bc2
>
> Some codes consider it error when zero size malloc/calloc return NULL.
> I think we should add zero size check codes there.
>
> columninfo.c: CI_read_fields_from_pgres(), CI_set_num_fkields()
> convert.c: QB_initialize_copy()
> bind.c:    create_empty_bindings()
> bind.c:    create_empty_gdata()
>
> Unexpected SQL execution failures reported on AIX with the latest psqlodbc.
>
> mylog:
> [1]about to begin SC_execute
> [1]libpq_bind_and_exec: bind stmt=2008e3c8
> [1]STATEMENT ERROR: func=SC_execute, desc='', errnum=34, errmsg='Could not receive the response, communication down
??'
> [1]CONN ERROR: func=SC_execute, desc='', errnum=0, errmsg='(NULL)'
> [1]CC_on_abort in opt=2

Вложения