Re: (Repeat.) Please give pgAdmin 4 its own GUI. The constantpassword inputs are driving me insane...

От richard coleman
Тема Re: (Repeat.) Please give pgAdmin 4 its own GUI. The constantpassword inputs are driving me insane...
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Dave,

Ah, I guess the two of us have a different understanding of desktop mode.  In your, and apparently pgAdmin4's case, it's a locally running web server with a couple of settings tweaked.  In my, and perhaps many other people's, understanding desktop mode is a program that you install on your machine that contains it's own UI and isn't a server (even one that's running on your local machine) that you access with your web browser as you would google.com or facebook.com.  Desktop mode is like pgAdmin3, non-desktop (server) mode is like running apache locally that has had phpPgAdmin installed.  In pgAdmin4's case it's using python not php and the application and web server come as a bundle.

But thanks for pointing me to that web page.

rik.