Re: pgAdmin4 10-beta2 for Mac - error/freeze on start

От Ashesh Vashi
Тема Re: pgAdmin4 10-beta2 for Mac - error/freeze on start
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 4:09 PM, rmikeuk <roy@tmtch.demon.co.uk> wrote:

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply.

Sorry - should have added details about the Mac. I don't think it should be
hardware issue as its a new-ish (year old) Mac Book Pro 2.5Ghz Intel I7 16
Gb.

However, again, i should have included in first post - i did actually wonder
if was a resource issue as i do often run a fair few things concurrently. So
had also tried shutting everything down and then trying again with nothing
else running - same result.

Also as an aside, I have also got VMWare Fusion so i did also spin up a Win
7 VM and downloaded the Windows pgAdmin4 version ...that starts fine in VM.
But obviously I would much prefer to use Mac!

Given all that I have still just tried SQLITE_TIMEOUT = 1000  addition.
Afraid the result is still exactly the same - but obviously a slower
occurrence and repetition of the "database is locked" result.

I was wondering if the error / lock could be due to an earlier issue or
error or problem with my environment.
I've seen the same issue one of my colleague's MacBook, sqlite is not coping up with the read, and write of the session on OSX.
Or, the way, the code has been written, is not optimised enough to work with Sqlite.

I am currently working on the caching mechanism in the session handling for the same issue, and hopefully will be able to share the patch to resolve the issue.

I just read the instructions here about desktop deployment:
https://www.pgadmin.org/docs4/dev/desktop_deployment.html#configuration

Although have obviously downloaded the .app i did just check these.
The config_local.py file is fine.
There is no pgadmin4.db

Not sure if its a red herring or if i should have done so , but i just tried
:

> pwd
/Applications/pgAdmin 4.app/Contents/Resources/web

> python setup.py

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 20, in <module>
    from flask import Flask
ImportError: No module named flask

However, i can see flask and all the other dependecies are in the app in the
directory:
/Applications/pgAdmin 4.app/Contents/Resources/venv/lib/python/site-packages

So not sure whether that is pointing to an issue with my setup or something
I'm doing incorrectly or thats just not a suitable thing to try.
You need to set PYTHONPATH for the same to make it from the virtual environment.

I've tried removing the app and then re-installing to the Applications
folder. But same problem.

Any further thoughts? Really appreciate the time and help.
Many thanks.
In order to make pgAdmin 4 (beta 2) to work on your OSX, you can comment out the line #124 in file -
'/Applications/pgAdmin 4.app/Contents/Resources/web/pgadmin/__init__.py'.
i.e.
    # app.session_interface = ServerSideSessionInterface(config.SESSION_DB_PATH)

Hope - this will help to make it work on your system.

--
Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi

От: rmikeuk
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin4 10-beta2 for Mac - error/freeze on start
От: rmikeuk
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin4 10-beta2 for Mac - error/freeze on start