Re: pgAdmin4 10-beta2 for Mac - error/freeze on start

От rmikeuk
Тема Re: pgAdmin4 10-beta2 for Mac - error/freeze on start
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

Many thanks for the reply.

Sorry - should have added details about the Mac. I don't think it should be
hardware issue as its a new-ish (year old) Mac Book Pro 2.5Ghz Intel I7 16
Gb.

However, again, i should have included in first post - i did actually wonder
if was a resource issue as i do often run a fair few things concurrently. So
had also tried shutting everything down and then trying again with nothing
else running - same result.

Also as an aside, I have also got VMWare Fusion so i did also spin up a Win
7 VM and downloaded the Windows pgAdmin4 version ...that starts fine in VM.
But obviously I would much prefer to use Mac!

Given all that I have still just tried SQLITE_TIMEOUT = 1000  addition.
Afraid the result is still exactly the same - but obviously a slower
occurrence and repetition of the "database is locked" result.

I was wondering if the error / lock could be due to an earlier issue or
error or problem with my environment.

I just read the instructions here about desktop deployment:
https://www.pgadmin.org/docs4/dev/desktop_deployment.html#configuration

Although have obviously downloaded the .app i did just check these.
The config_local.py file is fine.
There is no pgadmin4.db

Not sure if its a red herring or if i should have done so , but i just tried
:

> pwd
/Applications/pgAdmin 4.app/Contents/Resources/web

> python setup.py

Traceback (most recent call last): File "setup.py", line 20, in <module>   from flask import Flask
ImportError: No module named flask

However, i can see flask and all the other dependecies are in the app in the
directory:
/Applications/pgAdmin 4.app/Contents/Resources/venv/lib/python/site-packages

So not sure whether that is pointing to an issue with my setup or something
I'm doing incorrectly or thats just not a suitable thing to try.

I've tried removing the app and then re-installing to the Applications
folder. But same problem.

Any further thoughts? Really appreciate the time and help.
Many thanks.