Re: pgAdmin 4 commit: Don't quote variable values used by SET. It's usually

От Ashesh Vashi
Тема Re: pgAdmin 4 commit: Don't quote variable values used by SET. It's usually
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 1:35 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On 4 Feb 2018, at 18:07, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

Hi Dave,

There is a possibility of SQL Injection (if we don't use qtLiteral.
We need some kind of check for this.

What do you say?

The user is already logged in, and could run the query tool anyway to do anything their privileges allow.
That's always there.

Do you see an escalation vector that I’m missing?
I think - user can add any value (with space) for the variable of text type.

So - we need a mechanism to transform the value in a proper manner.

-- Thanks,
Ashesh Vashi

I re-added the hackers list for any other opinions.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi