Re: BUG #13481: No config folder upon installation

От Bailu Ding
Тема Re: BUG #13481: No config folder upon installation
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply!

I have found the configuration files (*.conf) located in the data directory
(the directory specified by -D option when initializing the database).

Is that the right place for the configuration files? Or do I need to create
the sysconfdir folder (PREFIX/etc) and move the configuration files there?
Or is the sysconfdir folder is only for the system-wise client
configuration files?

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 6:55 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> bailuding@gmail.com writes:
> > I compiled the source code following the instructions in the INSTALL
> file.
> > After the installation, the directory sysconfdir was not created. I tried
> > both using the default configuration (where the sysconfdir should be
> > /usr/local/pgsql/etc/) and specifying the sysconfdir variable explicitly.
>
> I don't believe we either try to create that directory or try to put
> anything in it during "make install".  Anything you might want to put
> there would need to be hand-created anyway.  (Note that the only thing
> that goes there is system-wide client configuration files, which few
> installations need.  Server configuration files live in the cluster data
> directory by default.)

Best,
Bailu