Re: Asp.net 5 and EF6

От Arjen Nienhuis
Тема Re: Asp.net 5 and EF6
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 5:46 PM, FarjadFarid(ChkNet)
<farjad.farid@checknetworks.com> wrote:

> Hi I am trying to use certain features of Asp.net 5 using postgresql using
> EF6.

I think you can use EF6, but not with .NET Core. It's possible to use
Aap.net 5 without .NET Core.

> I have downloaded the latest unstable version of npgsql and tried to connect
> to my db.

I think you can use the stable version. EF6 support is very stable.

> But no luck.
>

> I have posted a request to stackoverflow.com but haven’t had any response at
> all.
>

> It is easy to connect to Sql Server using EF6 under asp.net 5.
>

> So I would have thought as an interim measure until EF7 is ready which will
> be quite some time to come,
>
> it should be possible to connect to postgresql using EF6.
>

> Any ideas how?

Just use this dependency in your project.json and "restore packages":

  "dependencies": {
    "EntityFramework6.Npgsql": "3.0.5",
  }

The rest should be exactly the same as with SQL server.