Re: Asp.net 5 and EF6

От FarjadFarid\(ChkNet\)
Тема Re: Asp.net 5 and EF6
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Arjen,

Currently one can only add a reference to asp.net5 that is rebuilt with asp.net5 library.
In the case of  EF6 with full .net library and not the core.

The problem seems to be the build versioning of the npgsql library for the full .net library.

It is emitting one thing but expecting another.

At least this is one of the problems.

-----Original Message-----
From: Arjen Nienhuis [mailto:a.g.nienhuis@gmail.com]
Sent: 06 February 2016 16:53
To: FarjadFarid(ChkNet)
Cc: pgsql-general
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Asp.net 5 and EF6

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 5:46 PM, FarjadFarid(ChkNet) <farjad.farid@checknetworks.com> wrote:

> Hi I am trying to use certain features of Asp.net 5 using postgresql
> using EF6.

I think you can use EF6, but not with .NET Core. It's possible to use Aap.net 5 without .NET Core.

> I have downloaded the latest unstable version of npgsql and tried to
> connect to my db.

I think you can use the stable version. EF6 support is very stable.

> But no luck.
>

> I have posted a request to stackoverflow.com but haven’t had any
> response at all.
>

> It is easy to connect to Sql Server using EF6 under asp.net 5.
>

> So I would have thought as an interim measure until EF7 is ready which
> will be quite some time to come,
>
> it should be possible to connect to postgresql using EF6.
>

> Any ideas how?

Just use this dependency in your project.json and "restore packages":

  "dependencies": {
    "EntityFramework6.Npgsql": "3.0.5",
  }

The rest should be exactly the same as with SQL server.

> Many thanks.

Сообщение: Re: four template0 databases after vacuum
Сообщение: Re: four template0 databases after vacuum